Review: Veet Hair Removal Cream

I have tried several methods to remove unwanted hair ranging from tweezing to IPL hair removal (Intense Pulsed Light) so hair removal creams are not an exception. The one I've tried is Veet hair removal cream. The moment I saw it on the racks I became curious so I picked it up. The price at that time is around PHP 100.

Veet Hair Removal Cream Product Review

How To Apply

1. Squeeze enough cream on the spatula which comes with the product.

2. Spread it evenly on the area where you want your hairs to be removed covering all the unwanted hairs.

3. Let it sit for 3 minutes.

4. Using the head of the spatula provided, test a small patch to make sure your hair comes away easily from the skin. If needed the cream a bit longer but not exceeding 6 minutes.

5. Make sure you remove the remaining cream by rinsing the area thoroughly underwater.

6. Take a towel and pat the area dry.

And you're done.
Note: Do not use deodorant or shave the area after using Veet Hair Removal Cream. Be patient and wait for 24 hours else you'll suffer from a painful rash.

Veet Hair Removal Cream Review

Pros
  • Removes unwanted hairs

Cons
  • Leaves a lingering smell for a few hours after application.
  • During the application, it stings mildly, and the skin tingles. I don't recommend this to those who have sensitive skin.

What I Thought

It works! I find it amusing how a cream can remove those unwanted hairs after doing the steps mentioned above.

It does the job but I'm a bit worried about applying it to my skin in the long run because the chemical in the product that helps melt unwanted hairs might give me side effects or allergic reactions. So it's really important to follow the instructions given.

Wash it thoroughly after application and DO NOT leave the cream on your skin for more than 6 minutes because it might irritate your skin. There are a few small hair shafts left behind but I guess it's normal.

I also find it a bit tiring to raise up my arms just to wait for 3 - 6 minutes to remove the cream with the unwanted hairs. And I'm a bit concern if some of the creams might stick on my hair of my head.

Overall, I find this method messy. How about you?

You might also like to check out Phillips Satin Soft Epilator here.

By the way, I did an updated review of the Veet Hair Removal Cream (8 years later). You might like to check it out. Link here.

If you like this kind of content, follow Gladys Jane on Instagram and Facebook to get future updates.